Sunday

Energy ball recipe - Update

I made these a few hours ago with organic, lightly roasted, unsalted peanuts in the vitamix.
The peanut butter when warm, was so smooth and even a little sweet & very yummy!
When cooled (which was very quick) it got thick (as it should)

i just wish i would have tossed the rest of the ingredients in while it was warm and smooth.

Anyway, I have no clue what "crispy oats" are ~
we looked all over the natural food store for them, but found nothing; 
so we bought a small amount of bulk granola with pumpkin seeds and a few other things
in it, to add instead.

I used ghirardelli  dark chocolate chips
which are a little large but worked fine.
I had a nibble off of my finger as i was forming them into balls.
my taste buds went *errr ummm i doa-nooo*
But once they stayed in the fridge to chill for 1.5 hours or so, they tasted better.
Not an *OHH YUMM* good, but OK.
If you use a sweet peanut butter like Jiff (is it)?
 they may taste better to some.
One can never tell what another will think...
i just figured i would add my thoughts on them. 

I do think the longer they chill, the better they'll taste.

~ UPDATE
 These were MUCH better today
(the day after)

:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails